UNIFORM POLICY HIGHLIGHTS FOR ALL STUDENTS
- Standard Polo Style Shirt – long or short sleeve red or royal blue with or without school approved MJH logo.
- Students must refrain from wearing name brand logos, emblems or monograms on ANY school uniform garment.
- A short or long sleeve solid t-shirt or turtleneck may be worn under uniform shirt only, but not as an outer garment. The following solid colors are acceptable: red, white, royal blue, black and grey.
- Spirit shirts purchased from PTA may be worn on Fridays. School approved specialty shirts such as club shirts, sports team shirts, spirit shirts, etc, may be worn for specific reasons as determined by the principal.
- Sweatshirts are to be worn as outerwear OVER the mandatory uniform polo. It may be any red, royal blue, or white solid colored sweatshirt with or without school approved MJH logo or silk- screen purchased from school. Other logos, emblems, monograms, wording, or designs are prohibited. Sweatshirts are to be worn all the way on or all the way off and should fit appropriately.
- Outerwear other than the approved school logos or solid colors of red, white, and royal blue must be removed when indoors. Outerwear is to be free of name brand logos, emblems or monograms as well. Students are to refrain from any outerwear in other ways such as around the waist or over the shoulders.
- Pants, capris, walking shorts, skirts, or skorts – light, tan khaki cotton twill without logos or other decorations, stripes, etc. Brown shorts are prohibited. Pants with spandex are prohibited as well.
- Students must have all pants secured at the waist with undergarments hidden. If undergarments or undershirts are revealed under the uniform, the student will be considered out of dress code.
- Tennis shoes and purchased PE uniforms are required for physical education. Students must wear their OWN uniform including shirt, shorts, and shoes and refrain from borrowing another student’s uniform.
- Culottes, split skirts, and walking shorts are acceptable providing they meet the dress length requirement. The minimum length of dresses, culottes, skirts, and shorts must be at the fingertip or below when standing erect with arms extended down the sides or not more than 5" above the knee. Shorts/skirts that are rolled and too short are out of compliance.
- Tights, leggings or stockings worn under shorts, skirts or skorts are limited to SOLID red, white, royal blue, black, or grey in color. Shorts, skirts and skorts must still be the appropriate length.
- Hair must be clean and not unusually colored. Sculptured hair styles that include pictures, symbols, letters, numbers, or hair in curlers, rollers, or excessively teased, etc., will not be permitted.
- Facial hair must adhere to the St. Tammany Parish School Board policy and beards are prohibited.
- Body piercing ornaments are limited to the ears.
- Parents and students are to refer to the Parish Handbook for all parish policies.
- We recommend labeling garments with the student’s name in the event that it is lost.
THE SCHOOL ADMINISTRATION MAINTAINS THE RIGHT TO DETERMINE EXTREMES IN STYLES IN
DRESS AND GROOMING AND WHAT IS APPROPRIATE AND SUITABLE FOR SCHOOL.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE BANNED AND ARE CONSIDERED TO BE OUT OF COMPLIANCE:
- Flip flops, backless thong sandals, slippers, and any shoes without backs
- Tight shorts/pants/shirts/tops (including shirts tied at the waist)
- Students are to refrain from rolling clothing that would violate length requirements. (shorts, skirts, shirts etc)
- Sweatshirts/jackets tied at the waist or around the shoulders
- Pajama pants or shorts
- See-through or sheer shirts
- All caps, hats, and bandanas
- Hoods are not to be worn inside the building
- Facial piercing is prohibited
- Dress code violations are considered MINOR INFRACTIONS and will be handled as such.