Programs / Activities
Since classroom work deals primarily with the mental or intellectual values associated with various subjects, the establishment of clubs and teams has evolved to give students the opportunity to work with a group of like-minded young people in areas of interest outside the classroom.
- To increase fellowship among groups of students with similar interests
- To broaden the interests of students in different endeavors
- To develop worthy social ideals, attitudes, and habits
- To develop leadership qualities
- To work together toward a common goal
MJH offers the following student organizations/groups:
- Art Club
- Builders’ Club (affiliated with Kiwanis International)
- Chess Club
- Choir Club
- Cheerleaders (selected in spring)
- Dance Team (selected in spring)
- *** NEW *** - Film Club
Film Club is the place for any budding film directors, editors, scriptwriters, boom operators, cameramen, actors, and anyone interested in gaining experience with the process of filmmaking! No experience is necessary.
Students collaborate on projects and develop their ideas through the pre-production, production, and post-production process. The club meets twice a month on alternating Mondays throughout the school year, giving students a chance to see their ideas evolve and gain experience in various aspects of filmmaking.
We may have the chance to submit some of our projects to regional short film competitions and to have discussions with professionals in the media industry.
At the end of the year we will have a film screening night for friends and family to attend.
Please see Ms. Barwick in room 103 for more information, or email her at Nicole.Barwick@stpsb.org
Starting: Monday, September 12th- on alternating Mondays
Time: 2:30 to 3:45
Where: Ms. Barwick’s room: 103
- Next Generation/Life on Purpose
- National Jr. Honor Society (must meet criteria)
- Patriot Buddies (Must complete application and be selected by the sponsor)
- Student Council
- Yearbook Club
- Other various sports and clubs (winter and spring)
Meetings, sign-ups, tryouts, etc. will be announced during morning announcements.